Social Security #_____________________________________________
City_____________________________ State ________ Zip__________
Day phone ______________________
Evening phone ___________________
Permanent address (if different)__________________________________
E-mail address _____________________________________________
Name of College or University ___________________________________
Hours completed ______ Cum GPA ______
The Colorado Authors’ League Memorial Scholarship is open to applicants who:
· are legal residents of the state of Colorado and enrolled in an accredited Colorado school
· are officially enrolled full time at an accredited private or public college, university, community college, junior college or vocational school;
· have successfully completed at least 12 hours of undergraduate study;
· have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better;
· demonstrate financial need.
In addition, applicants must write an essay of up to 1,000 words on the topic “How Writing will Benefit My Profession.” Essays will be judged for excellence of writing, creativity, and grammar. Please do not include your name or any other identifying information on your essay.
The Colorado Authors’ League reserves the right not to award the scholarships if no suitable applications are received. Applications must be postmarked by April 26, 2017. Winners will be notified by May 1, 2017.
Send application; two copies of an essay entitled “How Writing will Benefit My Profession”; two copies of a brief statement of your financial need (the essay and statement of need should not include your name or any other identifying information); a college transcript (unofficial okay); and a copy of your current class schedule to: Colorado Authors’ League, 759 Kachina Circle, Golden, CO 80401