BANQUET CHAIR/JOB DESCRIPTION
The Banquet Chair is a member of the Board of Directors as a Standing Committee. He/she is responsible for all plans regarding the annual CAL Awards Banquet and supporting the other activities of the Board as requested/assigned.
- Good organizational skills
- Previous experience planning large events is helpful
- Keep track of line-item expenses
- Enjoys parties!
- Attend the monthly CAL board meeting
Outline of tasks during the year:
- Summer: Set date for banquet with approval of Board. Traditionally this has been in May.
- Summer: Select site based upon an attendance of 125 or more*
- Summer: Secure contract for site
- Fall: Select Keynote Speaker with the help of the Board.
- Winter: Plan Menu
- Winter: Design invitations and mail to members and special guests
- 2 months out: Promote and set up registration on website
- 2 months out: have Linda begin taking reservations
- 2 months out: Contact Tattered Cover to request book sales of guest speaker’s books (Previously this has been through Kaleb Hilton 303-322-7727)
- 2 months out: Finalize room set up with site
- 1 month out: plan decorations
- Plan program design…can adapt from previous year. Get Printed
- 2 weeks out: make menu cards and check in forms
- 2 weeks out: Confirm with president the program and AV needs
- Day of event: Set up. Decorate. Staff check-in table.
*+Expenses for site are paid by the President. There is usually a deposit that must be pre-paid.